Pinnacle Activity Ticker
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does it cost anything to become a member of PinnacleDigest.com?
- What are the numbers beside Pinnacle members’ usernames?
- How do I increase my Pinnacle Experience Score?
- I’ve signed up for my PinnacleDigest.com free membership but I am not receiving the weekly newsletter in my email account. Why?
- How do I write my own blog on PinnacleDigest.com?
- Why do some Pinnacle Digest members have a star attached to their profile picture?
- How do I become a Stock Star?
- What is the Stock Challenge?
- When will Pinnacle Digest be announcing its next Featured Company?
- How to I edit my account settings for my Pinnacle Digest profile?
- I have a question that isn’t on this FAQ page. What should I do?
Being a member of PinnacleDigest.com is entirely Free and all inclusive. Our goal is to be your “one stop shop” for investing information.
The numbers you see beside members’ usernames are known as their Pinnacle Experience Score. The higher the score, the more that member has contributed to the Pinnacle community by way of sharing, blogging, commenting, recommending, achieving awards (such as winning the Stock Challenge) and having their content promoted within the community. Look at it like this: the higher the score, the more help that member has put in to making PinnacleDigest.com a better community. Points aren’t just awarded for members who write the most blogs or win Stock Challenges, they awarded to members who make a difference at Pinnacle and help other investors learn and prosper. Remember, the Pinnacle community is about the desire for the sharing of content to mutually benefit the greater good. Just like in your own community and your own life. Help others, educate one another and you will help yourself.
There are a number of ways to increase you Pinnacle Experience Score. If you provide quality contributions, display successful investing strategies and are willing to recognize others for their valuable contributions, you will climb the ranks quickly. Some examples of ways to increase your score are:
- Winning the Stock Challenge
- Having your blog featured on our homepage rotator (selected by other members and The Pinnacle Team)
- Having your blog recommended by another member in the Pinnacle Community
- Writing your own blog
- Posting quality comments on an article, stock, blog and Stock Challenge
- Recommending other members' and Pinnacle Professors' blogs and articles
- Having others reply to your blog
- Having others reply to a thread you started on a stock
There are numerous other ways to increase your Pinnacle Experience Score, but this provides a layout of the fundamental ways to increase your rank within the community. It's all about educating others through contribution to the community. Each of the mentioned ways to increase your rank above allocate a different amount of points to your total score.
Please check your junk folder as that is likely where our newsletter is ending up. Fixing this problem is simple. First thing you will need to do is add email@example.com to your personal contact list, or safe list. This is the email address our newsletters will be coming to you from and by tagging our address as safe, or adding it to your contact list, it ensures our emails won’t go to your junk folder.
Every member has the ability to write their own blog and share their thoughts and opinions on the financial markets at Pinnacle Digest. In fact, we strongly encourage it, as great insight and fresh ideas create profits for the rest of the community.
To get started writing your blog, scroll to the top of the screen, after logging in, and you will see your username with a drop down menu(top left). Click on the drop down menu and you will see the option to ‘Create blog post’. Click that option and the rest is self explanatory. If you want to attach videos to your blog, that is very simple and the instructions are within the create blog page - a matter of cutting and pasting the video url or embed code. There is also an option to add pictures and tag the blog to related companies if you so choose.
Benefits to blogging:
- You will receive more Pinnacle experience points for writing a quality blog than just posting a comment
- Once you’ve written a blog, at some point in the day it will be reviewed by The Pinnacle staff. If it is deemed as a top quality blog, it is featured on our homepage rotator, front and center for everyone in the community to read and comment on. If your blog is selected as a top quality blog and featured in our rotator, you will be notified upon your return visit to Pinnacle and 15 points will be awarded to your Pinnacle experience score.
- Blogs are more likely to be recommended than individual comments and therefor when you write a quality blog, you are more likely to have your work recommended. If your blog is recommended by another member, it will be featured on every Pinnacle members’ profile page as a ‘must read’ and additional reputation points will be awarded to your Pinnacle experience score.
Tips on Writing a Memorable Blog & Increasing You Experience Score:
* Make it timeless: You want readers to come back and enjoy the blog for months to come.
* Make it personal: Don't be afraid to share your opinion on certain issues. Wether it is accepted or not, a genuine, honest and thought provoking blog leaves a lasting impression in your readers minds.
* Make it unique.
* Make sure to respond to your readers: When you have other members comment on your blog be sure to respond to their questions. They are interested in what you have to say so be sure to respond in a timely manner.
* Make sequels: Engage your audience and always follow up if developments occur in previous subjects you have written on.
* Debate: Some blog readers want a place where they can have a good old fashioned debate.
You will notice some members within the Pinnacle Community have stars attached to their profile picture. This represents their accomplishment of winning the Stock Challenge. You can scroll over the star with your cursor to see exactly how many times that member has won the challenge. If a member has a star attached to their picture, they are recognized within the community as a Stock Star and are a member of the Stock Star Hall Of Fame.
The recognition of being a 'Stock Star' at PinnacleDigest.com is the highest and most sought after status in our community. It is a cut above even our 'King' ranked members. Stock Star status is granted to the member who wins the Stock Challenge at the end of every month.
Before the start of every month hundreds of members, just like yourself, submit their 2 stocks they believe will show the greatest combined percentage return over the month time-frame. Only the member with the highest combined percentage return will be crowned champion and awarded a permanent stock star on his or her profile. Additionally, the winner of the Stock Challenge will become a member of the Stock Challenge Hall of Fame, they will be featured in an upcoming Pinnacle newsletter and 100 points automatically added to their Pinnacle experience score.
The Stock Challenge has a storied history with winners from across the globe. It is a competition within Pinnacle Digest that has drawn the spotlight onto the best stock pickers in our community. The Stock Challenge is open to our entire community and we encourage everyone to test their skills of picking winners against fellow members. To enter, you must select two stocks you believe will show the highest combined percentage return for the selected month. The stocks you select must trade on either the NYSE, Nasdaq, AMEX, OTCBB, Pinksheets, TSX or TSX-Venture. You can enter your picks for the upcoming Stock Challenge startig on the 21st of every month. Click here to view the details and rules regarding Pinnacle’s Stock Challenge.
Typically Pinnacle Digest announces a new Featured Company every 2 to 3 months. To find out exactly when our research team will be announcing its next Featured Company, subscribe to our weekly newsletter as the date will be disclosed in an upcoming issue.
To learn more about Pinnacle Digest's Featured Companies click here.
Within your Pinnacle Digest profile, there are many options you can customize to your liking. For example, the types of articles and breaking news you receive on your profile page, the types of investments you are interested in, your personal message account which can notify you of any blog or comment responses to content you’ve authored or participated in and much more. We’ve made it so it’s completely customizable to your liking and you can manage your profile page the way you want. Treat your profile page as your own site within PinnacleDigest.com. Simply scroll to the top of the screen, once logged in, and click the drop down menu directly beside your username on the top left side of the screen. From there, click on the edit account option and the rest is self explanatory.
If you have a question that isn’t listed on this page, please feel free to email us anytime, we’d love to help you out. You can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.